Mackie tagged me as a Versatile Blogger! Mackie is one of my dearest blogging homies and our Dallas/Houston rivalry is unmatched. We’re also hair cousins and compare notes on the latest southern dances. At the end of her last year teaching, she hit her students with that flex. Seriously, I have enjoyed reading her blog over the past couple of years, especially since I was reading her life before she had her daughter and now after. Before she let inspiration carry her to do all these wonderful things in event planning and photography, and after. As I told her a little while ago, she is the epitome of the saying “Leap and the net will appear”. She is definitely one of the first people I think of when hatching my own plans.
As a recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award I must provide 7 random facts about myself:
1. I HATE lemon-flavored cooked food. Whether it’s in pasta, salad, whatever, it’s gross. However, I LOVE lemon in baked food. Cakes, etc. Definitely a love-hate relationship.
2. When I was a kid, I thought when you had to throw up, you did it in the sink. The toilet just seemed so…gross. So when I got sick, I would throw up in the sink instead of the toilet. I don’t even remember who’s extreme side-eye of death taught me the correct way, but MAN was I wrong!
3. I hate T-shirt souvenirs, both giving and receiving. YOU didn’t come on the vacation with me, so why should I have you stuntin’ in a Bahamas T-shirt? Or, I know damn well I haven’t been to New Orleans, I don’t want to wear this Mardi Gras T-shirt!
4. I feel like I’ve said this before but I didn’t see it anywhere on my blog so: I am funny with numbers. For example, the volume on the TV or radio has to end with 0 or 5. If 20 is too low, it’s going up to 25. PERIOD.
5. Things happening in slow motion ALWAYS make me crack up. Even if I didn’t laugh at the regular-speed version, slow motion–ESPECIALLY if the voice is slowed down–will have me on the floor crying. For an example see Blueberries (I don’t crack up until the 1:17 mark)
6. Autotune ANYTHING cracks me up. I don’t care what anybody says. The T-Pain autotune Bud Light commercial (ironically everything EXCEPT T-Pain made me laugh),
the autotune cry,
the Double Rainbow,
whatever it is, I will crack up if it’s autotuned.
7. One other thing that will crack me up every single time is censor noises. The bleeeep you hear when someone “curses”. Especially if it’s unexpected, like in a cartoon. Robot Chicken does this really well, see Quicksand Giraffe (Stage 2)
and Happy Gummy Bear.
For this award you are to thank and link back to the one who gave you the award, share 7 facts about yourself, and then nominate 15 others who you think are versatile. Gem note. Um, I’m just going to tag everyone, mmkay? Let me know if you do it! If you don’t want to put it on your blog or don’t have a blog, put it in my comments!