I have a lot to blog about, I just haven’t felt like actually typing it all up. Y’all ever feel that way? I need a stunt blogger. ANYHOO to get back in the groove I figured I’d finally do this meme that I was tagged in LAST DECADE literally, by InnyVinny. 7 “interesting” things about me. Here goes!
1. Aerial shots of sports stadiums bother me. You know when you’re watching a football or baseball game and they go to commercial and pan out so you can see into the stadium from above? The stadium shots filled with people look like little pockets of bacteria or like an alien pod or something. It just looks weird and kind of scary.
2. I’m not good at taking hints. I mean really. I need people to be as upfront and blunt as possible. I don’t like game-playing, tip-toeing, pussy-footing, suggestive tones, etc. I am completely dense in this arena so it saves everyone time to just say what the fugg you have to say. Even if it’s negative or hurtful. There’s a way to say things that are negative without being a complete douche-wand or a punk bish about it. I respect people so much who can say it flat out and not be afraid. Especially friends. This way there is no room for mis-understanding.
3. I fucking hate Christmas carol commercials. Like, to sell me a fucking washing machine in December, do you really need to dress up your “employees” and have them carol the got damn sale to me? Is that really how you think you need to get your point across? You can’t just say, this December we have a ginormous sale on washing machines? A pox on carolers.
4. I hate talking animals, mascots, life-sized versions of characters, talking food, all that shit. Snuggle Bear (you know, the laundry bear?) freaks me the fuck OWT. Similarly, if food is arranged to be animate in some way I WON’T EAT IT. That goes for animal crackers, smiley-face cookies, Goldfish crackers, sammiches with the toothpicks with olives in them to look like eyes, etc. How is that cute to eat a face?? I don’t get it.
5. I don’t argue with fools. I don’t like discussing race and racism with certain groups of people because if everyone is not on the same basic level of understanding then it’s pointless. Same thing with religion. No point in discussing religion with a fanatic. This extends to other topics too such as poverty, etc. There are people (whom I personally know) out there who CAN and do argue with fools or attempt to educate people about certain things and have the patience for all that. I admire them greatly and I recognize that I am not them and will not be them. If someone is not going to bring logic in some form to the conversation, I’m not going to waste my time and effort. I’ll get angry too easily. BTW, when I say fools I don’t mean “anyone who happens to disagree with my stance”. I mean fools. There’s a difference.
6. I hate when I can’t date pictures. When I upload pictures on my computer I usually attach the exact date. But if I wait a while or if it’s in that gray area between December of 2009 and January of 2010 it MAKES MY SOUL ITCH to not know the actual date that the picture was taken. Most people have some sort of obsessive-compulsive quirks about different areas. My area is numbers and order. I need the order to be followed. THE ORDER MUST BE FOLLOWED. It also makes my soul itch if the volume on the radio or TV does not end in ‘0’ or ‘5’. My husband laughs at me when he casually turns the volume up to 14 and I wait a few seconds and put it on 15. Or change 11 to 10. STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!
7. I have issues with addressing familiar adults by their ‘title’. My mother is an exception; I call her ‘Marmee’ like the girls did in Little Women. I’ve always called my father by his first name when referring to him in conversations. But I never actually call him by his first name when I’m around him. I don’t call him Dad or any other derivative either. I don’t call him anything. Same with my stepmother, I didn’t know WHAT to call her so I don’t call her anything when I’m around her. Same with my mother-in-law. To get around having to call these people ‘something’ I just make sure I’m in earshot when I talk to them and simply ask them/tell them something directly. Instead of “*insert title here*, have you seen the soda?” It’s “Have you seen the soda?”
Sharing is caring. I shall now tag 7 of ye “officially” and all the rest of you unofficially because I’m nosy like that. Officially tagging KB (because she needs to dust the cobwebs off her blog anyway), Vesper (I know she has some good stuff to share), Desiree (ditto), QQ (what’s three times ditto? Thritto?), FUD’s mom, BCU, and DocBrown.