Lex has tagged me for a meme (albeit on Facebook) so I am obliging. Here are the rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals. At the end, tag 25 other folks (I’m going to pretend I didn’t read that).
1. I hate (and have always hated) brown sweet stuff for some reason. This includes chocolate, cinnamon, and caramel.
2. In 1st grade, I once told a classmate that he would die before me because he was older than me. His mother (a teacher) overheard me and got really angry and told me that I might die first. I still think it’s funny that she let a 1st-grader get her so angry when I thought I was just stating the facts.
3. In 4th grade, I was helping my teacher put chairs on top of the desks (along with a few other teacher’s pets). Everyone was joking around saying, we’re gonna murder these chairs and stuff like that. I chimed in with, yeah we’re gonna RAPE these chairs! (At the time, I thought rape was a synonym for murder). A shocked silence fell over the classroom as the teacher said, we don’t say those kinds of things here.
4. I bring my own all-natural, peppermint/tea-tree oil liquid hand soap to the restroom at work. Public restroom soap is so stank.
5. I played the cello in 4th grade, and wish that I had kept it up.
6. I skipped 2nd grade.
7. My birthday is on Memorial Day this year.
8. Don’t get in my way over french fries. There will be blood.
9. I think my “lost career paths” were veterinarian, geneticist, painter, counselor, and writer.
10. As a toddler, I was always seen with a strawberry milkshake or Cherry Coke and would get really salty if I wanted one and it wasn’t there.
11. I have three tattoos.
12. I do not like being embarrassed and will do anything to avoid it. Thus, I am a master at playing it off (it being tripping, falling, whatever).
13. I hate pickles, onions, and mushrooms.
14. At a meal, I have a tendency to eat everything first, and then drink afterward instead of eating and drinking together.
15. I like cheeks. When I hug loved ones, I always try to get a little cheek action. (Not butt cheeks, people).
16. I hate movie theaters on crowded nights. I feel trapped and I just want to stretch out but can’t.
17. Since I began eating vegan, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth anymore. I am satisfied with some strawberry-banana applesauce or a strawberry fruit popsicle. I don’t really like candy anymore.
18. I LOVE when people have game nights. I get really competitive and try and repress it around people I don’t know too well. But trivia games, video games, bowling, pool, whatever; I love it and will be guaranteed a fun night.
19. I have always been TERRIFIED that a home I live in will catch fire. All those episodes of Rescue 911 (remember that show?) have ruined my life.
20. I can imitate people rather well.
21. I hate getting my hands dirty/greasy, so when eating something that doesn’t require utensils, I will only use the thumb and index finger on both hands (occasionally the middle fingers) to make for minimum wipe-offage/rinse-age.
22. I have an affinity for old folklore and mythical creatures like mermaids.
23. I have never seen Waiting to Exhale (black woman card revoked) or Titanic (human card revoked).
24. I have a potent death-stare.
25. If I point at something/someone, I often use my pinky instead of my index finger because I am self-conscious about my long fingers (I was also teased mercilessly growing up for my big feet relative to my height).
Ok, I’ll be damned if I tag 25 people seeing how this isn’t Facebook. I am tagging Desiree, Vesper, Little Miss Knobody, Marlo, Doc Brown, Chanel, Chocolate Orchid, and anyone else who hasn’t done a similar meme. Get to it!